Thursday, March 25, 2010

YUM, POTATO SALAD

Well, it's almost that time of year again.  That 70 degree weather Mother Nature teased us with last week really got me thinking about summer.  We had 2 cookouts, well one cookout and one steak and potato salad since and man, I love my recipe for potato salad.

My sister and I tried something out last year for fathers day and it was amazing.  We cut the mayo in half and used some sour cream (full fat, the reduced fat is gross).  We added garlic powder (or Tastefully simple Garlic Garlic) and salt.  Then use a huge amount of dill (the fresh stuff is best but dried dill will be fine).  This week I added a bit of lime juice to the mix too and it was delicious.

So, red bliss potatos cooked until tender
drain.
In a separate bowl while the potatos are cooling mix

mayo, sour cream (equal parts- for 5-6 red bliss potatos, use 1 cup each)
salt and pepper to taste
a little bit of lime juice
a bit of garlic powder or garlic/garlic
a ton of dill

This recipe reminds me of the nursery school cookbooks we did when I was 3.
Something I should blog about another time: so cute!

So mix all that up together and add warm potatos.  They will absorb some of the flavor as they cool.  Oh it's so delicious!

Enjoy and tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment